Go to page: What to bring
Go to page: Activities - What to Bring Checklist
Residential Summer Camps - What to Bring
Clothing, shoes & accessories
- Tracksuits, leggings, fleeces & combats, shorts & t-shirts - layers work best. Kids will get wet and mucky, so old clothes are ideal. Jeans are not suitable for activities.
- Shorts must be long sports shorts that cover the thigh to prevent rope burn and chaffing from equipment during activities. No cut-off or designer shorts.
- Rain jacket & trousers – it will rain!
- Woolly hat, gloves & warm socks – useful even in the summer months.
- Two pairs of trainers/runners for activities – one to keep dry and one to get wet.
- Comfortable clothes & pair of runners, sandals or crocs - for wearing in the evening after activities & travelling home.
- Two sets of swimwear – for water activities. A nylon thermal top is useful but not essential. Wetsuits are provided.
- Nightwear & underwear – enough for the whole stay!
- Sunhat/baseball cap & sunglasses – for sunny days.
- Plastic bags x 2 – essential for wet and muddy clothes.
- A net laundry bag – for pre-booked laundry service. Please clearly label all of your childs belongings.
Towels & toiletries - AEROSOLS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL BE CONFISCATED
- Towels x 4 – two for dorm room & two for activities.
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, roll on deodorant etc. There are no toiletries sold on-site. No aerosol deodorant permitted at camp.
- Sunscreen & lip balm – because the sun does come out!
- Insect repellent (roll on or cream only), midge net and antihistamine cream for bites – midges can be very annoying in the summer months. No aerosol/spray insect repellent permitted at camp
- Medication – please bring any regular medication needed.
Other useful items
- Water bottle
- Small backpack – lightweight backpack to carry water, towel, swimwear, for daily activities.
- Watch – an inexpensive watch can be useful as mobile phone time is limited.
- Spending money - €20 to €30 cash or a prepaid card, and some €1.00 coins for the pool table. We recommend that kids do not bring large amounts of money or valuables.
- List of personal items - A checklist of all personal items so that nothing is left behind. Very useful for packing to go home!
- Please clearly label all of your childs belongings.
Please note: Acrylic/gel nails are not allowed at Killary. Please ensure that your child does not have these done prior to arrival. They MUST be removed before arriving to Killary or your child will not be able to take part in any of the activities we have onsite.
Go to page: Camping Expedition - What to Bring Checklist