Transition Year Programmes
Killary has combined 35 years of working with school groups and listening to feedback from teachers to create programmes that specifically target the aims of transition year students.
We offer both residential and non-residential transition year programmes.
Teachers at Killary:
With 24 hour supervision included, teachers can be as involved in the students' programme as they wish. You are welcome to take part in all activities with the students or alternatively we will be happy to assist you if you want to explore the area or visit the local village in the evenings.
Killary offers the following to all teachers:
- free places
- complimentary seaweed bath at Connemara Baths, cruise on the Connemara Lady in Killary Harbour and use of top-quality bicycles (seasonal availability)
- work/relaxation room with WiFi, Nespresso coffee machine, our famous homemade flapjacks and the best view in the building!
- separate double bedrooms
Supervision and safety:
- 24 hour supervision as standard
- CCTV throughout the Killary Adventure Centre accommodation base
- All instructors Garda-vetted
- All instructors Child Protection trained/certified
- All instructors qualified in Remore Emergency Care
- All instructors in-house trained and certified by National Governing Bodies of each outdoor adventure sport
- Strict safety procedures in place as per National Governing Bodies and equipment suppliers regarding ratios and operating standards
Activities: view all activities
Read through our activity descriptions, check out images and videos to help you get a better idea of what each one involves. Feel free to contact us to help you select the most appropriate activities for your group whether you are looking for fun, bonding, team building, personal development or a little of each.
Accommodation: view accommodation
Using the principles of our successful Corporate Training Programmes Killary has created multi-activity programmes that promote:
- personal development
Students are encouraged to:
- work together in activities such as the Killary Challenge and the Turf Challenge
- support and encourage each other on the High Ropes Course and Kayaking
- discover and stretch their own abilities on the Zipwire and the Climbing Tower
Rates: view rates
|12.45pm||Arrive at Killary Adventure Centre for welcome and introduction|
|13.00 - 14.00||Lunch in Killary Adventure Centre|
|14.00 - 17.00||Activities eg Turf Guy Challenge|
|17.00 - 18.00||Showers and chill-out time|
|18.00 - 19.00||Dinner in Killary Adventure Centre|
|19.00 - 22.30||Evening Programme|
|23.00||Lights out for all|
|08.30 - 09.30||Breakfast|
|10.00 - 13.00||Activities eg High Ropes Course and the Zipwire|
Evening programme could include indoor fun games, table quiz, forest walk and many more activities. The first part of the evening is spent doing a quick tidy up of the bedrooms by the students.
How to book: how to book
Contact reservations with any questions you might have or to check availability and make a booking. Speak to Linda on 095 43411 or email email@example.com
Video - check this out to get a birds eye view of a TY trip to Killary!
"It really is the quality of your staff members that really enhances each individual's experience.The girls have returned to school in such high spirits and so positive about the complete 'package' they had with you. It has been the best experience of TY for them to date!
Thank you all so much for your kindness, patience and interest in each student! Louisa and I also had a great time and were really spoilt during our stay."
Mount Anville School March 2015