The Tom Crean Programme
The Tom Crean Programme is based on our own extensive global expedition experience. Following in the footsteps of the great Antarctic expeditions of Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton and Tom Crean, we strive to push the boundaries in the quest for adventure and excellence. Our Expedition Programmes focus on the specific needs of each group, with profiling prior to arrival, so the results are tangible.
We have taken our knowledge from each expedition and coupled it with a desire to offer something unique and different. We have developed a programme that is not only challenging and fun but also constantly relates back to the working environment and will show a quantifiable return on your investment.
Learning is most effective when it involves active participation. Experiential learning not only teaches skills and techniques but empowers people to challenge and change the way they think and behave both as an individual and as a collective team. The Tom Crean Package is a combination of both organisational psychology and outdoor learning and is suitable for all levels of fitness. We have developed a programme that will motivate your team and ultimately increase success and profitability.
Your team will be challenged to:
- Decipher a task quickly and accurately
- Assign and manage clear roles and responsibilities
- Identify the natural leaders and leadership styles within your group
- Arrive at an agreed and thought-out strategy
- Adapt this strategy as challenge/environment changes
- Communicate calmly and efficiently under internal and external pressure
- Uncover and unlock the core values and mission statement of the team and organisation
- Identify the performance enhancing and inhibiting thinking and behaviors within the team that inhibit performance
- Identify the skills within the group that are under valued
- Identify the skills within the group that are over valued
- Critical review process of strengths and weaknesses within the group
For too long now, the term “team building” has been thrown around and the essence of it has been lost. Here at Killary, we are experts on team function and team analysis.
Our four step experience
1. Assess team needs and goals
2. Profiling prior to arrival
3. Deliver tailored experience & debrief
4. Deliver reports & follow up
The key programme details
|DURATION||Half day, full day or multiple day options|
|LOCATION||Our base on the stunning Killary Fjord|
|GROUP SIZE||6 - 50pax|
|CHALLENGE LEVEL||Suitable for all fitness levels; all water activities optional|
- 1 pm: Arrival for gourmet lunch served in the Roof Top Cafe
- 2 pm: Team bonding activity. Your team will be facilitated in a number of tasks and challenges that are specifically designed to promote communication, strategic planning & creative problem solving and will also ease them into the outdoor environment. These will be fun based however they will also encourage the participants to identify the key themes of the day and introduce team dynamics analysis and how each individual functions within the wider group context.
- 5 pm: Transfer to accommodation
- 6-7 pm: Time at leisure
- 7 pm: Dinner
- 8-9 pm: Introductory presentation on the Tom Crean Experience with indoor challenges.
- 8 am: Breakfast
- 9 am: Transfer to Killary Activity Site
- 9.30am: Expedition preparation. This module is focused on a series of outdoor team tasks which will challenge, test and prepare the group for the journey that lies ahead. The challenges we use will be determined by the profiling and the initial interaction phase, so that the specific needs and expectations are met and exceeded for each group.
- 12.30 pm: Gourmet lunch overlooking the stunning Killary Fjord
- 1.30 pm: Journey to Elephant Island. Outdoor experiential learning module that encompasses all the previous learnings and challenges the team to work together and communicate effectively to complete the tasks. All challenges are directly linked back to the working environment with facilitated debriefs after each session. We are passionately committed to providing an exhilarating experience that takes your team on a journey of discovery and education that has a powerful influence.
- 4.30 pm: Debrief In the Roof Top Bar
- Departure (shower and changing facilities available)
Contact us today to discuss your groups specific requirements on 095 43411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a wide range of accommodation options available and our programmes are tailor made to ensure your group gets tangible results. We look forward to welcoming you to Killary soon.
Killary Adventure Centre was an amazing experience for our staff and really brought our work group together not only in the ‘doing’ but also ‘supporting’ each other during the varied mental and physical challenges.
A big thank you to Mark and the team at Killary for organising and facilitating an amazing two days in what is clearly one of Irelands most picturesque locations and I have no doubt we will be back with another group soon.
John Fairley, Land Operations Manager, Dublin Port Company – June 2015