The Shackleton Experience
Here at Killary we understand that modern day sport has become increasingly competitive. With advances in sports science, fitness, nutrition and facilities, it is becoming progressively difficult to have an edge on your opponent.
For teams that are looking for that extra 1-2%
When a match is all square with minutes to play, where does your team get the final drive to dig deep, push hard and give it all to get over the line? How do you train for that?
Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton was the dominating figure in a heroic age of Antarctic exploration. Born in Co. Kildare he led several life-threatening expeditions to Antarctica. To do this took meticulous planning and preparation and months of endurance at sea. Once there, quality of execution was key and his fast action in times of crisis sees him remembered as one of the true greats of the exploration age.
In honour of this legend, we have developed a package that encompasses the key elements of a successful expedition and coupled it with over 35 years experience facilitating teams to achieve their true potential.
Bring your training to Killary
The Shackleton Experience allows high performing teams to be tested and trained in the most important areas of elite team functioning. Our unique setting provides the perfect environment for teams to connect, build trust and experience what it takes to dig deep together to achieve a common goal.
All training is followed up with an in-depth report on the findings from the experience as well as images and video footage that can be used as a motivational tool during the season.
We also have access to multi-purpose training grounds, which include astro turf and floodlights.
Call us now and take your team on a journey that will challenge, energise and exhilarate. Killary is where leading teams come for elite training.
The key programme details
|DURATION||Half day, full day or multiple day options|
|LOCATION||The stunning Killary Fjord|
|GROUP SIZE||6 - 50pax|
|CHALLENGE LEVEL||Physically challenging; all water activities optional|
- 1 pm: Arrival for gourmet lunch served in the Roof Top Cafe
- 2 pm: Team Rescue Mission. Your team will be briefed and given all available information on the situation. This task will not be completed without efficient teamwork, planning and accurate role assignments. It will also be physically and mentally challenging. Coordinates and resources will only become available on the completion of successful team challenges that our intrepid facilitators have set for you.
- 5 pm: Debrief & transfer to accommodation
- 6-7 pm: Time at leisure
- 7 pm: Dinner
- 8-9 pm: Introductory presentation on the Shackleton Experience with indoor challenges.
- 8 am: Breakfast
- 9 am: Transfer to Killary Activity Site
- 9.30 am: Expedition preparation. This module is focused on a series of outdoor team tasks which will challenge, test and prepare the group for the journey that lies ahead. The challenges we use will be determined by the profiling and the initial interaction phase, so that the specific needs and expectations are met and exceeded for each group. The challenges will be physically and mentally testing.
- 12.30 pm: Gourmet lunch overlooking the stunning Killary Fjord
- 1.30 pm: Journey to Elephant Island. Outdoor experiential learning module that encompasses all the previous learnings and challenges the team to work together and communicate effectively to complete the tasks. All challenges are directly linked back to the team environment with facilitated debriefs after each session. We are passionately committed to providing an exhilarating experience that takes your team on a journey of discovery and education that has a powerful influence.
- 4.30 pm: Debrief In the Roof Top Bar
- Departure (shower and changing facilities available)
Contact us today to discuss your teams specific requirements on 095 43411 or email email@example.com. We have a wide range of accommodation options available and our programmes are tailor made to ensure your team gets results. We look forward to welcoming you to Killary soon.