Residential school and youth group programmes
With over 30 years in business Killary offers all-inclusive packages suited to the needs of schools and youth groups.
We continually re-invest to ensure that we are progressing in every area of the business and that groups will return year after year. Cutting edge adventure activities, unparalleled levels of supervision and safety, accommodation in our eco-friendly complex and homecooked meals are all intrinsic to what is offered at Killary.
Teachers & leaders:
With 24 hour supervision included, teachers and leaders can be as involved in the students' programme as they wish. You are welcome to take part in all activities with the students or alternatively we will be happy to assist you if you want to explore the area or visit the local village in the evenings.
Killary offers the following to all teachers and leaders:
- free places
- complimentary seaweed bath at Connemara Baths, cruise on the Connemara Lady in Killary Harbour and use of top-quality bicycles (seasonal availability)
- work/relaxation room with WiFi, Nespresso coffee machine, our famous homemade flapjacks and the best view in the building!
- separate double bedrooms
Supervision and safety:
- 24 hour supervision as standard
- CCTV throughout the K2 accommodation base
- All instructors Garda-vetted
- All instructors Child Protection trained
- All instructors qualified in Remote Emergency Care
- All instructors in-house trained and certified by National Governing Bodies of each outdoor adventure sport
- Strict safety procedures in place as per National Governing Bodies and equipment suppliers, regarding ratios and operating standards
Activities: view all activities
Read through our activity descriptions, check out images and videos to help you get a better idea of what each one involves. Feel free to contact us to help you select the most appropriate activities for your group whether you are looking for fun, bonding, team building, personal development or a little of each.
Accommodation: view accommodation
The K2 accommodation base has 4 and 6 bedded ensuite dorm-style rooms, drying facilities, extra showers, dining and recreation spaces and separate teacher areas. Bed linen is provided.
Rates: view rates
|12.45pm||Arrive at K2 for welcome and introduction|
|13.00 - 14.00||Lunch In K2|
|14.00 - 17.00||Activities eg Kayaking & Gorge Walking|
|17.00 - 18.00||Showers and chill-out time|
|18.00 - 19.00||Dinner in K2|
|19.00 - 22.30||Evening Programme|
|23.00||Lights out for all|
|08.30 - 9.30||Breakfast|
|10.00 - 13.00||Activities eg High Ropes Challenge Course and the Giant Swing|
Evening programme could include indoor fun games, table quiz, forest walk and our very own “Miss Killary”. The first part of the evening is spent doing a quick tidy up of the bedrooms by the students.
How to book: how to book
Contact reservations with any questions you might have or to check availability and make a booking. Speak to Linda on 095 43411095 43411 or email email@example.com
Just a quick note to thank you personally for a great 3 days in Killary. I said it to some of the staff in the office before I left, that it was the best adventure centre I have been to and I have been to most of them!
Jean mc connell, St Attracta's CS Tubercurry (April 2015)
Every moment day or night was thought out. A brilliant place, ran in a top-class fashion.
Teachers from Ard Scoil Ris, Limerick (April 2015)