- We offer a Spanish language camp at Killary
- It is a 14 day residential camp
- Our langauge camps are suitable for children aged 13 - 15 years (secondary school students)
- The camp run from Sunday 4th June to Sunday 18th June 2017
- Arrival time for Sunday 4th June is between 4pm and 6pm for dinner
- Departure time on Sunday 18h June is after breakfast at 10am
- You can drop your child off or avail of our escorted travel at an extra charge
Learning a language through the outdoors:
Our language camps at Killary are based around experiencing the best of outdoor adventures through a foreign language - mixing fun and activity with classroom sessions.
A conversational Spanish element is included to build confidence in speaking the language. Each day the children will take part in an activity-driven programme with Spanish speaking instructors.
There will also be a 1.5 hours conversational Spanish class in the evenings from Monday to Thursday in the first week of the camp and the same in the second week (8 evenings in total).
Rates and Dates for 2017:
Have a look at our full list of dates and prices for our 2017 Summer Camps at Killary
Supervision and safety:
This is paramount and we never lose sight of that. Killary Adventure ensures:
- 24 hour supervision as standard
- CCTV throughout the public areas of the Killary Adventure Centre accommodation base
- All instructors Garda-vetted
- All instructors trained in Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children's Sport
- All instructors qualified in Remote Emergency Care
- All instructors in-house trained and certified by National Governing Bodies of each outdoor adventure sport
- Strict safety procedures in place as per National Governing Bodies and equipment suppliers, regarding ratios and operating standards
Over 20 outdoor adventure activities are on offer at Killary for our Spanish Camps. We combine water and land-based activities with specially-constructed challenges to improve team work and communication skills through the outdoors. All activities are included in the camp price - there are no extra charges.
These run from 7.30pm to 10pm each evening and include language classes on 8 of the evenings as well as a wide range of games, challenges and fun activities. These could include Challenge Night, Puzzles and Memory Games, Quiz Night, Treasure Hunt, Team Games, Plays/Improvisation, Beach BBQ & Campfire, Talent Show and Ball Games. Our instructors are specially trained to make this time as constructive, fun and inclusive as possible.
Have a look at all of the information and photos on our cosy Killary Adventure Centre accommodation base where your child would be staying during the Killary Language Camp
What is included:
Accommodation, all meals, all activities and equipment are included in the price of the camps.
We now offer an escorted pick-up and drop-off service for campers traveling from Galway, Athlone, Dublin and Dublin airport, at an extra charge.
How to book:
Booking is now open for all 2017 Killary Summer Camps. Residential summer camps can be booked online. If you would like to chat to us first about the camp please do not hesitate to call on 095 43411.
Closer to the time of the camp:
Parents we are sure you will have lots of questions when it comes to preparing for your child's visit to the Killary Language Camp so we have compiled as much detail as we can in our Parent Information Guide.
|A typical day is as follows:|
|8.30 am||Wake-up call|
|10.00 am||First activity eg Kayaking|
|11.30 am||Second activity eg Gorge Walking|
|2.00 pm||Third activity eg. Rock Climbing|
|3.30pm||Fourth activity eg. Abseiling|
|5.00 pm||Shower and chill out|
|7.30 pm||Evening games & snack|
|10-11 pm||Bed time|
Top 5 reasons why the Killary Language Camp is the right choice for your children:
- Children have the chance to improve language skills without the expense of going abroad
- We aim to instil a living interest in their chosen language
- Ours is a healthy, active, outdoor camp
- Children have the opportunity to make new friends, gain new skills and new experiences
- This will be the best holiday they could wish for!