I was beginning to despair that it would ever rain again in Connemara.  After a spectacular summer where the mountains have never been dryer and I have been having issues with my water system.  After two unsuccessful trips to the Bundorougha to try and get some white water paddling in, Sunday finally delivered.  The level was nice and we had a good crew of about 6 of us to play.  No better way to spend a wet and windy Sunday.

                This was preceded of course by our annual Turf Warrior race, Over 400 people were on hand to tackle or purpose built obstacle course.  It was a festival of mud and bog, not one person came back clean and despite the weather being cold, wet and windy we all had a ball.  Followed of course by our fancy dress party with some amazing looking costumes.  For us it is a enjoyable to be able to show of what you can do in Connemara in the middle of winter and how you don't need much to have  fun.  We also dressed the centre up for a themed Halloween party and it was looking spooktacular as you can see in photos below.

                In other news I have decided that I didn't learn my lesson  the last time that I did the Devises to Westminster and I have plans afoot to compete again.  Ali Donald has never done it before so I have volunteered to push him down the river.  An onerous task but as we said at least it is downriver  for the whole 125 miles.  Training to commence at the start of December and looking forward already to having a goal to plan towards over the winter months.  Roll on Easter 2015!!

                Since it has been two weeks since my last report there was also the Mourne Mountain Sky race thrown in there as well.  Despite a long drive from Galway to Newcastle co. Down.  I arrived on Friday evening just in time for a short 2km uphill race.  Quick warm up and race before tucking myself into bed for an early night at 9 O'clock.  Up the next day at half six for an 8 O'clock race start.  What followed was one of my most favourite races a 35km race through the Mourne Mountains with almost 3000m of ascent over the whole race.  Did really well for most of it until the top of the last mountain where my legs decided enough was enough and went on strike.  This slowed me down somewhat so ended up finishing in just over 5 hours which was disappointing as the winners did it in 4 hours.  Bit of training for next year maybe!